Steve grew up in Brooklyn New York in a housing project. His interest in pharmacy began in his high school years when he was deciding what business he can go into. He chose pharmacy because of all the different opportunities that were available to him after he graduated. But in pharmacy school they taught him that pharmacy is more about patient care – about helping people – about being the professional who helps people understand their medications and removes their fear and confusion about taking that medication. So after he graduated in 1981 – he packed his bags during an April snow storm and headed for sunnier skies – He wound up in Pembroke Pines and never looked back. Steve moved down with his car – a stereo – about $600.00 and a whole lot of school debt. The rest speaks for itself – he opened the first of 4 Pill Box Pharmacies & Medical Supply in 1985. Steve has been and is still very involved in the community. Some of his personal accomplishments include:
- Rotarian of the Year
- Pharmacist of the Year
- Past President of the Broward County Pharmacy Association
- Police Athletic League (PAL) Man of the Year
- Pinnacle Award Winner from the Chamber of Commerce
- Presented Key to the City from the Mayor of Pembroke Pines
- Having two playgrounds named after his stores.